On November 17 (KST), Korean information shops reported on the tragic dying of a senior citizen in his 70s.
The person was returning dwelling from operating errands when he was hit on the pinnacle by a rock thrown from about ten flooring up.
Aged Man Passes Away From Stone Thrown By Elementary Faculty Pupil
Following the information, Koreans are expressing rage on the anticipated punishment for the perpetrator: A 9-year-old little one from the identical condominium advanced.
I don’t know who guilty. Ought to I maintain the kid’s mother and father accountable? Ought to I maintain the kid accountable? Or ought to I blame the regulation? That is so unfair. I’m devastated. I really feel so dangerous for dad.
— The Sufferer’s Son
The police have made it clear that the kid might be excluded from felony legal responsibility as a result of he’s not “of age.” As a “law-violating little one,” he would even be granted the protections offered beneath the Juvenile Act.
Based mostly on the anticipated punishment, or the shortage thereof, some are hoping the late sufferer’s households can maintain the kid’s mother and father accountable…
- “The mother and father ought to be held accountable. That’s what ‘authorized guardians’ do.”
- “Korea is such an important place for criminals to reside in. There’s no purpose to cover. The Korean regulation, courts, authorized authorities, regulation makers, and policemen are all there to assist make issues simpler for the culprits, not the victims.”
- “Relaxation in peace, grandpa.”
- “Please don’t hand over holding the kid and his mother and father accountable. You’ve all the precise guilty them and make them come clean with their sins. The legal guidelines ought to enable victims to take action. Dad and mom ought to be held answerable for the sins of their youngsters, in order that the kids can study what their actions could cause. Educating them earlier on will help stop tragedies like this.”
- “Ought to or not it’s acceptable for a kid to be let off the hook after he killed one other human being? If it’s tough to carry a toddler accountable, then the kid’s mother and father ought to be held accountable. The mother and father owe the sufferer’s households monetary compensation, on the VERY least.”
- “I can’t imagine he died whereas serving to his spouse up the steps… I can’t think about how shocked the spouse have to be. I perceive that the kid received’t be liable, however I do imagine the sufferer’s households may take the kid’s mother and father to court docket. That’s the precise factor to do, so the kid can study from his actions. The regulation must be modified ASAP.”
- “Sue the mother and father. Break their banks. Elevating a toddler to be that irresponsible… The mother and father want that lesson.”
…whereas others demand adjustments in Korean insurance policies, as extra law-violating youngsters and law-breaching minors “escape” penalization utilizing the regulation.
- “Oh, gosh… That is heartbreaking.”
- “I don’t assume the sufferer’s households can course of what’s taking place proper now… That is so unhappy.”
- “What the f*ck? The mother and father ought to be held accountable. Don’t let the kid develop up understanding he effectively killed one other man however didn’t get punished for it. The sufferer’s son’s interview broke me.”
- “A assassin with out a felony report. He received’t really feel guilt, ever.”
- “He was serving to his spouse who had hassle strolling up the steps. She should’ve relied on him rather a lot. What’s going to occur to her now?”
- “Penalize the mother and father as a substitute. The sufferer did nothing flawed to deserve this. The regulation is ineffective.”
Watch the total information phase beneath.