He didn’t actually sing in Korean, however he sang in Korean.
Not too long ago, American singer and songwriter Lauv offered a particular reward for his Korean followers.
On November 8, Lauv launched a Korean model of his track “Love U Like That” and a visualizer video. Within the feedback, Korean netizens commented how nice Lauv’s Korean pronunciation was.
- “His pronunciation is so good. I didn’t count on an abroad singer to sing in Korean like this, so thanks.”
- “A Korean model!!!😱😍☘️👍🏻 The whole lot about Lauv is gorgeous~❤️ Lauv is so lovable~!!✨✨✨ I like how the video captures the feelings from the live performance!!! I’m so moved~ Lauv is the perfect!! I’m joyful ❤❤❤🥰☘️👍🏻✨”
- “Wow, wonderful!!! His Korean pronunciation is ideal, and the track is so good!!”
- “I can inform he practiced lots. His pronunciation is sweet, and the track’s good. Oh my god!”
- “Wait, why is your pronunciation so good? I believed it was AI. I can perceive all the things with out even studying the lyrics. Superb!!”
- “It’s not a Korean particular person overlaying it, however Lauv singing it himself? Wow, wonderful…”
Nevertheless, a press release from Lauv’s company, Common Music, revealed that it wasn’t 100% his voice that sang the track—it was synthetic intelligence.
Lauv, who held his first solo live performance in Korea on August 29, launched the Korean model of his track ‘Love U Like That,’ which is a gradual vendor on the home music chart, at 9 a.m. in the present day (November 8). This marks the primary case in historical past the place a U.S. pop star has launched a non-English language track utilizing synthetic intelligence (AI) modeling expertise utilized to the recording of the voice.
— Common Music
Lauv defined why he determined to make this particular undertaking for his Korean followers.
I had a extremely nice time touring this yr. I needed to precise particular because of the Korean followers who made it doable for me to have the most important solo live performance of my music profession. I made a decision to launch the Korean model of the only to point out my gratitude. I’m all the time grateful for having such great followers worldwide. It’s nice to have the ability to introduce a brand new track to followers utilizing modern AI expertise.
Not solely was the track a collaboration between Lauv and AI but additionally between Lauv and a Ok-Pop star. For the Korean model of “Love U Like That,” Lauv collaborated with Kevin Woo, a former member of U-KISS.
With the lyrics they labored on collectively to translate from English to Korean, they collaborated with Jordan Younger, a Grammy-winning producer and founding father of the AI music startup Hook, to make use of AI voice modeling expertise. They utilized Lauv’s AI filter to Kevin Woo’s voice for the recording.
The unique “Love U Like That” was launched on August 4 and has gained vital reputation amongst Korean followers. Lauv is liked by many Korean music lovers, and he has been reaching success in Korea with the theme track “Steal the Present” for the Disney-Pixar animation Elemental, which was on the high spot on Melon‘s worldwide complete music chart for 18 consecutive weeks.
Take a look at the visualizer for the Korean model of “Love U Like That.”