The anticipation for BABYMONSTER has taken an sudden flip with the absence of Ahyeon from the debut lineup
Speculations and conflicting opinions have flooded social media, questioning whether or not this can be a publicity transfer by YG or a reputable concern for Ahyeon’s well being.
Ahyeon, who gained consideration because the potential “ace” of BABYMONSTER, was fast to seize the general public’s curiosity along with her standout visuals and spectacular expertise. Even earlier than her debut, she made waves globally with a canopy of Charlie Puth’s “Dangerously.”
Nonetheless, the information broke on November 15 that Ahyeon wouldn’t be debuting with BABYMONSTER, citing well being causes.
YG’s affirmation of Ahyeon’s absence from the debut however sustaining BABYMONSTER’s 7-member lineup raised eyebrows. The corporate defined that Ahyeon would give attention to recovering her well being however reassured followers that she remained part of the group. This stirred a mixture of reactions amongst followers, with some feeling reassured and others expressing skepticism.
The controversy has led many to query whether or not that is simply one other one among YG’s well-known PR stunts. YG has a historical past of strategic media performs. The timing of Ahyeon’s absence, simply earlier than BABYMONSTER’s debut, provides gas to the hypothesis.
When introducing BABYMONSTER by means of Final Analysis, issues received controversial. The preliminary outcomes, the place two members had been eradicated, caught followers off guard. After selecting the lineup again in Might with out eliminating any member, YG stored delaying the group’s official debut. Within the pre-debut MV, Ahyeon remained the member with probably the most display time and vocal highlight.
As well as, some netizens even speculated about YG’s ambitions for BABYMONSTER to intention on the international market, drawing parallels with BLACKPINK’s worldwide success.
The scenario turned extra sophisticated when Ahyeon’s previous video rapping the n-word surfaced in June. This, coupled along with her extended absence from public appearances, led to rumors about her non-debut standing.
YG’s steady media play and the paradox surrounding Ahyeon’s scenario have left followers and netizens skeptical.
Korean netizens’ opinions replicate a way of concern and disappointment, with many emphasizing Ahyeon’s significance to BABYMONSTER’s success. Some expressed doubts concerning the different members’ skill to fill the void left by Ahyeon, evaluating it to iconic woman teams like Women’ Era with out Yoona or BLACKPINK with out Jennie.
Because the controversy unfolds, followers are left questioning about Ahyeon’s destiny and whether or not YG’s guarantees of her return are real or half of a bigger PR technique.
BABYMONSTER’s debut on the finish of this November will undoubtedly entice consideration, however the shadow of Ahyeon’s absence is giant, leaving followers unsure concerning the group’s future success in each home and worldwide markets.
Korean netizen left feedback:
- YG actually dropped the ball with BABYMONSTER. Managing a rookie group and shedding a key Korean member like Ahyeon reveals their incompetence. Now they’re risking all of it with a bunch stuffed with foreigners. It’s laborious to see BABYMONSTER changing into an A-list idol.
- Aside from Ahyeon, the opposite members appear fairly common. Pharita is first rate, however Chiquita and Rora? I’m undecided. Regardless of all of the hype in articles, these women don’t appear to deliver something particular to the desk.
- Truthfully, with out Ahyeon, it seems like BABYMONSTER received’t make it. It’s nearly as severe as BLACKPINK with out Jennie. Ahyeon’s probably not rejoining the group, however YG appears to be enjoying it up for media consideration.
- YG is in a tricky spot, desperately attempting to hold on as their inventory drops. Even when it’s only a straw, they’re utilizing Ahyeon’s scenario for media play.
- We’ve seen it earlier than with teams like Women’ Era with out Yoona, MissA with out Suzy, BLACKPINK with out Jennie, and Pink Velvet with out Irene. If YG may delay the debut, they most likely would have.
- Ahyeon embodies the id of BABYMONSTER as the middle, visible, and common member. In the event that they take away her, what’s the purpose anymore?
- Excluding Ahyeon would possibly assist BABYMONSTERin the worldwide market, however domestically, she’s important for fulfillment. It’s a difficult scenario for BABYMONSTER.