The manufacturing high quality of BABYMONSTER’s new efficiency video attracts criticisms.
After BABYMONSTER’s debut, many netizens have been displaying disappointment. Particularly, the MV for the group’s debut track, “BATTER UP”, was criticized as a “patched-up model” of BLACKPINK and 2NE1’s MV, with much less interesting music.
Moreover, YG Leisure faces backlash for barely selling BABYMONSTER, from having no visible director for the group, to not holding a debut showcase and getting ready for music present appearances.
In actual fact, the one new content material of BABYMONSTER (alongside dance problem movies) is a particular efficiency video of “BATTER UP”, however this too is being criticized for poor manufacturing high quality.
Significantly, the efficiency video for BABYMONSTER’s “BATTER UP” was filmed at a set paying homage to a Western highschool, and showcases an old-school vibe together with a robust hip-hop type.
By means of this video, BABYMONSTER members obtain a whole lot of reward for his or her well-polished abilities regardless of their latest debut, and the rap part carried out by members Asa and Ruka captures consideration.
The members obtain a whole lot of reward for his or her abilities
Nonetheless, the video’s manufacturing high quality attracts controversies
Regardless of the high-quality dance, the colour scheme and the varsity idea of BABYMONSTER’s efficiency video are stated to be “copied” straight from BLACKPINK’s “As If It’s Your Final” MV from six years in the past, but nonetheless feels extra outdated. In consequence, BABYMONSTER is as soon as once more in comparison with BLACKPINK in an unfavorable method.
Many commented that BABYMONSTER’s faculty idea appears to be “copied” from BLACKPINK six years in the past however seems to be extra outdated
Moreover, netizens had harsh feedback concerning YG’s promotional actions for BABYMONSTER, and introduced up earlier claims of YG presently missing a visible director.
Under are some feedback from netizens:
- All members carry out very effectively, however the manufacturing is simply too outdated.
- YG, ship these ladies to music exhibits. They’ve nice efficiency abilities.
- I can’t imagine a video from YG seems to be so outdated…
- The ladies are actually proficient, however the music and video are very outdated… Is that this one of the best YG can do?
- This jogs my memory of BLACKPINK’s “As If It’s Your Final”, however a flawed model.
- Why does this video look even older than BLACKPINK’s from six years in the past?
Supply: K14, theqoo